Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I'm baaackkkk....

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, but I've been so busy, I haven't had any time to blog! I've spent the last several months trying to figure out what direction to take with my wool, and it looks like it'll be hand-dyeing and spinning for me. I'll be selling (on occassion) at the Lebanon Farmer's Market, and have some people interested all the way out in California! Yikes!


For those who didn't know - one of my babydoll sheep, Molly, had twins April 8th (my daughter's b'day). She presented me with a ram (Moses) and a ewe (Modesty). Both are healthy and adorable. I've also decided to get some shetland/gotland crosses. Their wool is to die for!! I have the first one (a black wether) coming in July, but I'm sure it'll grow from there...!


Here's a pic of the lambs at 1 week, along with mom, Molly and my other ewe, Addy:


I've also been really busy making up patterns for kits. This one is an all wool baby sweater made of hand-dyed thick and thin yarn. I couldn't find buttons I liked, so made my own out of polymer clay:
And here's one out of bamboo/cotton blend yarn:

Okay, enough for today - I've got to get my butt in gear and start dyeing some yarn!! Have a great day, and email if you want - I'd love to hear from you!

Pat





1 comment:

  1. So great to see you blogging and fiber-ing! Since I'm 'all the way in California' I thought I should stop by to say hello and thank you for sharing your talent(s)! I'm so jealous of your life!!! I plan to not only buy (and promote) your yarns/fibers here....but live vicariously through you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete