Friday, May 29, 2009

Finished - and I'm liking it....





I finished the bamboo/cotton bag I've been working on, and am really happy with the results. The yarn was some that I had dyed with acid dyes, but since you're not supposed to use those dyes on cotton (oh, well), most of it washed out. At first I was really upset, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. It reminded me of sand, so I decided to make it into a summer bag, and put little tiny shells on it. Those little bumps aren't just bobbles, either , but teeny flowers that I made individually and sewed on. Yes, I know I'm nuts!










But I think it's going to be my next kit...







And in other news...

I took my baby sweater kit to a local yarn store, and she bought a bunch of them. This is one I made out of hand-dyed thick and thin wool, and when I couldn't find buttons that I liked for it, decided to make my own out of polymer clay. Each kit has buttons to coordinate with the yarn. She also asked that I put one together un-dyed, so I made dark brown buttons for it. When I brought that one in to the store, I was told that the knitting group that had met the night before had gone nuts for it. Whooooooo Hoooooooo!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! It's supposed to be gorgeous weather around here - maybe I can get more gardening done???!!!


















1 comment: